韦恩斯坦因性侵丑闻被奥斯卡组委会除名

编辑:给力英语新闻 更新:2017年10月15日 作者:美国之音(VOA News)

韦恩斯坦出席第88届奥斯卡颁奖典礼
韦恩斯坦出席第88届奥斯卡颁奖典礼

负责主办奥斯卡奖的美国电影艺术和科学学院将面临性侵指控的好莱坞重量级制片人韦恩斯坦除名。

54名奥斯卡组委会成员星期六开会讨论了韦恩斯坦面临的指控,并投票将其终身会员资格剥夺。韦恩斯坦以他能够将小投资但精良制作的电影入围奥斯卡而知名。

奥斯卡组委会在声明中说,将韦恩斯坦除名的投票表决远远超过所需的三分之二多数。声明还说,将韦恩斯坦除名发出一个信息,那就是在我们的行业中,对于性掠夺行为和工作中性骚扰刻意无视和可耻的同流合污的时代结束了。

声明还说,韦恩斯坦用性做交易是严重的问题,在我们的社会中也不会有一席之地。

韦恩斯坦被控在过去30年里多次性骚扰和性侵犯女性。

本星期早些时候,英国电影学院表示,韦恩斯坦的会员身份被立即暂停。

在纽约时报披露13名女性指责遭到韦恩斯坦性骚扰和性侵犯后,他被自己制作公司的董事会开除。

星期三,法国女演员雷雅·赛社和卡拉·迪瓦伊也加入了指控韦恩斯坦的一长串名单之中。

在此之前,纽约客杂志的另一篇报道称,三名女性指控韦恩斯坦强奸了她们,其中艾莎·阿基多和露西亚·埃文斯实名指控遭到韦恩斯坦强奸。

还有一些好莱坞的顶级女星指控遭遇过韦恩斯坦的不当行为,包括安吉丽娜·朱莉、格温妮丝·帕特洛和罗赞娜·阿凯特。

纽约客杂志的报道说,韦恩斯坦公司16名现员工和前员工表示他们目击或了解韦恩斯坦的性侵行为。这些员工表示,韦恩斯坦的性变态行为在公司是出了名的。

韦恩斯坦在过去30年制作了多部深受观众喜爱的影片,包括《恋爱中的莎士比亚》、《英国病人》、《无耻混蛋》等。他先后经营过两家电影公司,分别是米拉麦克斯和与他弟弟共同经营的韦恩斯坦影业。

Hollywood Academy Ousts Harvey Weinstein Over Sex Abuse Allegations

The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, which organizes the Oscars, has ruled it will expel the powerful Hollywood producer Harvey Weinstein over allegations of sexual abuse.

The 54-member Board of Governors met Saturday to discuss the allegations and voted overwhelmingly to “immediately expel” the mogul famous for his ability to push small, well-made pictures into the Oscars race.

In a statement, the board said the decision to oust Weinstein was “well in excess of the required two-thirds majority.” It also said the expulsion was made “to send a message that the era of willful ignorance and shameful complicity in sexually predatory behavior and workplace harassment in our industry is over.”

It called the allegations that Weinstein traded professional favors for sexual ones “a deeply troubling problem that has no place in our society.”

Weinstein’s expulsion comes after allegations emerged that Weinstein sexually harassed or assaulted a number of women over the past three decades.

Earlier this week, the British film academy said Weinstein’s membership in the organization had been “suspended, effective immediately.”

Weinstein was fired Monday by the board of his production company, the Weinstein Co., following an explosive New York Times report just days earlier, in which 13 women accused him of sexually harassing or assaulting them.

On Wednesday, French actress Lea Seydoux and model and actress Cara Delevingne joined the fast-growing list of Weinstein accusers.

Meanwhile, celebrity news website TMZ reported that Weinstein’s daughter called 911 Wednesday morning to say her dad was suicidal.

When officers responded to the call, Weinstein’s daughter Remy, told them no suicidal statements were made, and it was purely a family dispute. TMZ also reports Weinstein planned to leave the country for a rehab center sometime later that day.

New Yorker interview

On Tuesday, another report from The New Yorker emerged, in which three women accused Weinstein of raping them. Actresses Asia Argento and Lucia Evans went on the record in The New Yorker story to accuse Weinstein of raping them, while another woman chose to remain anonymous.

Among the accusers are some of Hollywood’s top stars, including Angelina Jolie, Gwyneth Paltrow and Rosanna Arquette.

?The New Yorker story said 16 current and former employees at The Weinstein Co. and Miramax, which Weinstein co-founded with his brother Bob, either witnessed or knew of Weinstein’s sexual abuse. According to the report, all of those employees said Weinstein’s sexual deviancy was widely known within the two companies.

The 65-year-old Weinstein oversaw production of many popular films over the past 30 years, including Shakespeare in Love, Pulp Fiction, Sex, Lies and Videotape, The English Patient, Good Will Hunting and The Butler. He ran Miramax and later the Weinstein movie companies with Bob Weinstein.