1．Enable Ss to know the words of jobs: singer, writer, actress, actor, artist, TV reporter.
2．Enable Ss to read and understand the patterns: What does your father / mother do? He’s / She’s a ….
3．Enable Ss to understand and sing the song “My Family”.
Teaching difficulties 1、Enable the students to use an/ a correctly. Teaching tools: word cards, head decoration, some famous people’s pictures Teaching aids:
Pictures，word cards, a recorder, tapes.
(1) Sing a song.
(2) Act and guess The students look at one student who is required to choose a word card and act (a doctor. Teacher, nurse, driver, farmer, baseball player) e.g. S1: What do you do ? S2: Guess.(acting) S1: Are you a …..? S2: Yes, I do. / No, I don’t.
Ⅱ、Presentation (1) Play a game
T puts the cards of some jobs (doctor, teacher, nurse, driver, farmer, baseball player) face down on the desk. Ss pick up one and act the job on the card, and then others try to guess what it is.
The last two are new words in this unit:
Teacher. “I am a teacher. I teach English.”
Singer. “I am a singer. I sing songs.”
(2) Write the two words and verbs on the blackboard. Ss try to find out the rules.
(3) Ss try to say the rules and write down more words
(4) Ss read the words after the T and make sentences to say something about their family members.
(5) Ss try to understand and use the patterns: What does your father / mother / uncle / aunt do?Ask and answer: He / She is a …. He / She can ……
(6) Listen to the tape and repeat the words after the tape.
(7)Sing a song: My Family.
1. Game : What’s missing ?
2.Guess the riddle.
a.)The man likes to help sick people , and he is always in white. What does he do ?
b).She cleans streets. She keeps our life nice and clean .What does she do ?
c).She is in a supermarket, and sells things.What does she do ?
d). he teaches lessons , he works at a school, what does he do ?